Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Easy to make Dog Food! They'll love it!!

In the previous blog I talked about how my girls love their homemade food.  Here is the easy - easy recipe.  Adjust as you want.

I buy either chicken or ground turkey at either Sam's Club or Cosco.  I buy it in bulk, and freeze the remainder for more meals.

6 lbs of ground turkey
1 Package of small carrots
1 Package of Cut String Beans
1-2 cups of regular or brown rice (don't use instant or quick rice)
2-4 cups of water
1 Cup of BBQ Sauce

In a very large pot cook the turkey until done.  Add the carrots and string beans and water and BBQ sauce, cook until simmering.  Stir well.  Add the rice, mix thoroughly.  Add a little more water if needed.  Cover, turn off the heat, set aside.  Stir and add water if needed.  Make sure it's not too watery, other wise the rice won't cook well.

I put it in vacuum sealed bags in batches.  Freeze in batches in containers, if you don't have a vacuum sealer (a great addition to your kitchen).

The dogs will love it!

(I bought my pot from the Restaurant Store...http://www.therestaurantstore.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment