Sunday, February 23, 2014

Food for thought...With such a busy schedule, how can I...?

How can I what?  Exercise!

Sometimes I am so busy, I don't have the time to get to the gym.  I know I should, but I don't.

However, when I do, it's always worth it! 

If you can't get to the gym, go for a walk, if the weather isn't permitting you to do that (here, in the Philly area, it has been a real challenge lately!), get a yoga mat and do some stretching.

If you're interested in Cardivascular (CV) training, the formula is below.  As always, clear with your Physician prior to any exercise routine.

220-your age, times 65-80% (80% is the usual THR; training heart rate, 65% is for fat burning and mild CV training.  This is also 80% of your Maximum Heart Rate [HR])

i.e. For a 50 year old, 220-50=170 X .80= 136.  What this means is keeping your Heart Rate at 136 for 20-45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment